RHODES: Help establish SK's 1st solar power co-op!

Postby Oscar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:31 AM
Subject: FW: Help establish SK's 1st solar power co-op!

Hi Friends and Family

First off, I apologize for any cross-posting! This is just a project that is near and dear to my heart and is the direction Saskatoon needs to go to make a livable world for all of us and for our children and grandchildren. (I also want you to know that the solar on my home is the best investment that I ever made.)

Please read the below, check out the campaign and know that this is the absolute best investment that you will ever get for a loonie!!!!

Then please share this with everyone that you know and let's make this happen.

Thanks, Dianne

- - - -

As you may or may not already know, the Saskatchewan Environmental Society has been shortlisted in Affinity Credit Union’s “vote with your dollar” crowdfunding campaign. [ https://www.affinitycu.ca/Community/Fun ... fault.aspx ]

We are one of three finalists who have a shot at winning $50K to put towards a social venture. This is where you come in. Each unique contribution (of at least one dollar) will give SES a vote. This means you can donate a little, or a lot, the choice is up to you.

The campaign runs until Monday, December 8th.

The project with the most “votes” will win the Affinity Credit Union grant.

We plan to establish Saskatchewan’s FIRST solar power cooperative. The co-op will operate a 100 kilowatt solar farm, that will house 400 solar photovoltaic panels, in the Saskatoon region.

A solar power cooperative is an incredibly unique concept, as it provides people who would not normally have the ability to install solar panels on their home, the opportunity to invest in a renewable tomorrow. For example, this venture will be particularly enticing to folks who live in condos, rent, or live on a shady property. Members of the cooperative will also cut their greenhouse gas emissions by 121 tonnes per year. Wow!

You can learn more about the campaign by checking out our crowdfunding webpage. There’s even a fun video to watch! [ http://igg.me/at/sksolarpowercoop ]

Please, please, please consider contributing to the SES solar power cooperative. Also, please consider sharing this with your networks or anyone who may be interested in contributing. I would be forever grateful!

Oh, and by the way — you don’t have to live in Saskatchewan to vote! Together we can make solar a viable option in Saskatchewan and beyond.

I am so excited to see this all unfold. Please let me know if you have any questions!

All my very best,

Megan Van Buskirk

Visit SES online http://www.environmentalsociety.ca
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to Renewable General/Solar Energy