VIDEO: Naomi Wolfe on US martial law & coup

Postby Oscar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:01 pm

QUOTE: "Naomi Wolf, author of Fascist America in 10 easy Steps, a Guardian newspaper article based on her book The End of America, says in a YouTube interview with Mike McCormick, that the US faces the imminent threat of martial law." - Janet Eaton

==========================================
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 9:58 AM
Subject: Naomi WolfeVideo on US martial law & coup - Commentary and Transcript Janet M Eaton

Naomi Wolf Video Interview on Looming Martial Law in the US and her prescription for action from her recent book "Give Me Liberty...A Handbook for American Revolutionaries."
Commentary and Partial Transcript by Janet M Eaton, PhD, academic, researcher, activist and critic of neo-liberal globalization - October 9, 2008

---------------------------

Naomi Wolf, author of Fascist America in 10 easy Steps, a Guardian newspaper article based on her book The End of America, says in a YouTube interview with Mike McCormick, that the US faces the imminent threat of martial law. Drawing on her earlier book the End of America and pointing to the ten steps to Fascism she ups the ante in warning about the looming threat of fascism in America by going one step further alerting the American public that indeed a coup occurred on Monday October first. She argues that several of the steps were already in place at the time including: hyping an internal and external threat that's terrifying; creating a secret prison system outside the rule of law; Torture taking place, creating a para-military force not answerable to the people; and setting up a surveillance apparatus.

And she notes that the targeting of citizens as terrorists has reached a new level of control most recently at the RNC Republican National Convention where even journalists like Amy Goodman were arrested and detained over night. Most ominous in her warning is the recent deployment of the 1st brigade of the 3rd Infantry division, recently returned from Iraq, in the streets of the US . Along side this development she cites the recent Bailout bill with $100 Billion allocated for the President with no ties attached.

Another compelling piece of the evidence is reference to US Representative Brad Sherman, from California who said that the US Congress was pressured by the White House to pass the Bailout Bill under threat of martial law.

Here are my notes on this threat from her interview:
"This morning go to CSPAN youtube and type in representative Brad Sherman Martial law which explains a lot if its true and no reason to not believe him - he says the administration has hyped an emergency.
Rep Sherman said they were told in private conversation ..if we didn´t pass the bailout- markets would go down 1000 points each day and by Monday they would be facing martial law- several members in private conversations were threatened with martial law- if they didn't do as said.

Now why should we take it seriously - this is my other terrible piece of news . We have to wake up. We have to wake up On Oct. 1st the 1st brigade of the 3rd Infantry division was deployed in United States America. For first time since 1807 when a bright line was placed preventing military from policing American streets- a military brigade that's 3-4,000 soldiers has been brought in to police our streets- The Army Times reported it ."

All these factors convince Naomi Wolfe that a Coup has occurred and that the American people face a crisis as great as that which occurred in Nazi Germany in 1933.

Read on for a brief overview of her
[1] Article on Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

[2] Overview of her book The End of America

[3] My partial transcript of her youtube interview with Michael McCormick -- which outlines her reasons for alerting the public to take action against the quickening slide into fascism in the US, which she has now framed as a `coup´ and an overview of her recent book - "Give Me Liberty...A Handbook for American Revolutionaries."
Her recent book outlines steps American citizens need to be taking at this time. In addition she is adding new actions to those she prescribed in her book based on the fact that a coup, has occurred in her interpretation. First and foremost she says to stop this `coup´ citizens must meet with their representatives and find District Attorneys who can begin the necessary steps to arrest the President and the perpetrators.

[4] SPP and Deep Integration Implications for Canada and North American Union under US martial law

[5] More references on US Martial law from www.globalresearch.ca

all the best,
janet

p.s Naomi Wolf implores viewers not only to take action but also to take time to check out the references she is offering [see below].

As for Naomi Wolf´s credentials:

Naomi Wolf (born 1962) is an American author, political consultant, and public intellectual who graduated from Yale in 1984 and was a Rhodes scholar at New College, Oxford University. She is the author of the bestselling feminist books "The Beauty Myth," "Fire with Fire," "Promiscuities," and "Misconceptions." The New York Times called "The Beauty Myth" one of the 70 most significant books of the century. Wolf was a consulting editor at George Magazine. Her essays appear regularly in The New Republic, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Glamour, Ms., and other publications.

========================================

[1] Fascist America, in 10 easy steps
From Hitler to Pinochet and beyond, history shows there are certain steps that any would-be dictator must take to destroy constitutional freedoms. And, argues Naomi Wolf, George Bush and his administration seem to be taking them all
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/apr/24/usa.comment

<><><><><><><><><><>< ><><>

[2] The End of America: A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot (ISBN 978-1933392790) is the most recent book released by author Naomi Wolf.

Referenced in April 2007 in her Guardian article titled Fascist America in Ten Steps, The End of America argues that events of the last six years parallel steps taken in the early years of the twentieth century's worst dictatorships and claims that Americans to take action to "restore" their constitutional values before they suffer the same fate. The book illustrates ten common steps which Wolf states can be witnessed in the transition of any democratic state to one of fascist rule. The book was published in September 2007 by Chelsea Green Publishing of White River Junction, Vermont.

[edit] The ten steps

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
4. Set up an internal surveillance system.
5. Harass citizens' groups.
6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
7. Target key individuals.
8. Control the press.
9. Treat all political dissents to be traitors.
10. Suspend the rule of law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of ... ng_Patriot

[3] Interview with Naomi Wolf author of "Give Me Liberty... A Handbook for American Revolutionaries."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI

Partial Transcript by Janet M Eaton, PhD
Part time academic, researcher, activist, and corporate globalization critic.

"I wrote 'Give me Liberty' as a sequel to 'The End of America' because when I was traveling around the country warning people about these ten steps- to fascism, that these ten steps to a closed society that I saw always are put in place when a would-be dictator wants to crush an open society - many people rightly saw that what I was saying was true- they saw the signs all around them everything from Steps 1- hyping an internal and external threat that's terrifying, step 2 , creating a secret prison system outside the rule of law, Step 3 Torture taking place, creating a para-military force not answerable to the people step 4 , a surveillance apparatus etc. and they freaked out understandably as they should and they said what do we do-so I wrote a sequel.

What do we do first ? We get terrified and then we get down to work and that's "Give me Liberty" - I looked at times and places where citizens had faced the closing of an open society and successfully fought back and because we're in an emergency and a crisis I want to get to that today quickly.. Second thing I did I looked back at the founders and I don't just mean the well known white men property holders , the whole founding generation of ordinary people, many of them not named by history- farmers and artisans and washer women and enslaved African Americans, all of whom had this vision of liberty and moved it forward and put their lives on the line to make it real - and I wanted to go back to what are the core principles that America is supposed to give us because we're being manipulated and brain washed so far away from that - with fake democracy - fake patriotism.

And the last part of the book is a practical how to - we need a battle plan - A coup has taken place and people need to know how to fight back. I mean the worst thing to happen when there's a coup is confusion.... Americans are facing a coup as of this morning- as of October 1st and confirmed this morning ..it's happened and we have almost no time to push back- and we have to understand it's an emergency so in the last third of the book it's a practical how to - everything from : become your own media, write the op-eds, frame the debate, to .. start your own political movement, organize as democracy commando units to put pressure on your representatives.

But now that the coup is here rather than looming- I'm adding pieces to the battle plan.

We've got a movement you can join at myamericaproject.org
You can screen a film to alert them to the threat at endofamericamovie.com

But most crucial thing is to understand the nature of the threat- so on Monday I'll be posting more urgent how to among them how to arrest the President."

[The above has been transcribed from first five minutes or so of the video. Towards the end of her interview she describes the seven principles from her most recent book "Give me Liberty". She explains how in the early days of the people´s struggle for freedom , ordinary people rose up again and again and describes the many ways they opposed the denial of their liberties - from the Boston tea party to setting fire in NY to palatial carriages of tax collectors, to when Washington issued edicts they didn´t agree with rioting up and down the eastern seaboard. She says that the first contract in the Declaration of Independence these citizen took into their hearts-that you are committed to as an American is to stand up against tyranny- and oppression. She gives an example of how African Americans who were enslaved risked their lives to do bring many many lawsuits before the legislatures in colonial America for their freedom because ordinary people understood these rights were universal rights and when a tyrant looms you have to do everything you can to oppose it. She goes on to say:]

"So I go back to core principles they wanted us to remember:

1. You're not entitled to speak you are obliged to speak-you have to speak freely

2. You have to rebel continually against injustice and oppression

3. Ordinary people are supposed to run things- we´ve been told again and again leave it to us - to the politicians and the pundits. The constitutional scholars know ordinary people in America are supposed to be the leaders the agents of change, an d right now your country needs you- transpartisan right or left your country needs you to see this coup for what it is.

4. Americans cherish the rule of law- we're not supposed to sit idly by when it is subverted and perverted- Why do people all over the world envy us - its not our standard of living - although that´s nice, It's how we feel inside because we are so free o we have been because we cherish the rule of law -- judges tend not to be corrupt; the constitution has protected us- that's what people envy- that´s going to disappear unless we rise up against this violation of the rule of law.

5. America had no established God- this is so important - these people are seizing power in the name of a theocracy- I didn´t used to thin this is true- not that they are driven by faith but they are using faith as a mobilizing tool- Sarah Palin is going to extend that theocracy - I´ve written a piece about that- The founders wanted to ensure that this was a country of religious freedom -where you were free in your conscience because they had come from places where religious minorities, Christian minorities, were persecuted by the states. America establishes no God .

6. We're supposed to deliberate with our neigbours- we're the ones who are supposed to be having the debates not the right over here and left over there - we are supposed to be face to face with one another - In town meetings, in city meetings, deliberating, setting the agenda ourselves.

7. We cannot maintain an oppressive empire and still be Americans - America is supposed to understand that liberty is a universal human right. We are supposed to divest of an oppressive empire - and become a Republic again and truly send out and support liberty abroad rather than subverting democracies and turning a blind eye to them as citizens .

Finally this new American revolution again it begins psychologically- it begins by taking into our hearts that each of us is called upon by our founders to stand up for freedom.

And the good news- we have to get the word out- is that historically when millions of people rise up in time but the time it´s past midnight Now . I used to say it is October of 1931. N o but now I´m going to say it´s February 1933 and everything closed down for good in April of 1933 in Germany. There is no more time - so we have to understand that when millions of people rise up together- oppressors are bullies and bullies are tyrants and historically what happens is they flee, they cave and they turn each other in. That´s why you have to move aggressively. You have to arrest these people. You have to move into the rest of the cabal - You have to get a warrant to get their computers, declare what has happened i.e. that a coup has taken place- and when you find these people are charged and they´re in custody, that´s when they start to back off and turn on one another - it happened with the Stasi and it happened with Joe McCarthy, But the time is NOW!!

Thank you so much Mike I appreciate you giving me the time to get the word out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI (ca.30 MINUTES)

[4] SPP and Deep Integration Implications for Canada and North American Union under US martial law:

Note also that Canada is deeply integrated with the US through NAFTA, the SPP and bi-national military planning agreement. Although some SPP proponents indicated after the Montebello Summit that, from their perspective, it had failed because of lack of transparency and inability of business leaders to implement, because of the scrutiny and opposition from civil society and opposition parties, we do know that, at the same time, a myriad of committees are still in place attempting to deregulate to the lowest common denominator a range of regulatory regimes in regard to health, environment and food safety as well as furthering the degree of both economic integration and a major number of security rules, provisions and legislation which runs contrary in some cases to international law, and our own beliefs and values as Canadians about the kind of public policy we prefer. The SPP is also moving us toward a custom's union and some aspects of a common market , working on changes to allow that process to move ahead. We are currently locked into a NAFTA agreement shown to be detrimental in many ways to both workers and the environment and now the SPP, NAFTA plus agreement is forcing deeper integration in regard to energy, water, investment etc. with attempts at harmonization of related regulations. In the past there have been many arguments for a common monetary system i.e. the Amero - This crisis should be warning enough to avoid any further integration with the US and to heed the growing resistance to NAFTA and the calls for renegotiation which are many and varied. We must also scrap the SPP and we must avoid at all costs letting Harper achieve a majority government. We don't know what kind of talks to further North American Union could suddenly emerge as a done deal if this were so especially under should martial law be declared in the US. .

And don't forget legislation is in place under the SPP allowing US troops on our soil in case of an natural or manmade emergency.

And finally as the SPP falls under criticism not only from civil society but also from business executives critical of the delays in both process and implementation of border initiatives to speed trade across the border, we now find out that thinking has begun in the Institutes, think tanks and universities as to how a bi-lateral economic and free trade agreement with the US might be more useful than being stuck in a three way deal with Mexico with all of its unique problems.

This should be an election issue!!

It is not that we should refrain from trading with our neighbours if it is within reasonable distance, within bio-regions, and by transport that reduces GHG emissions but we must insist on 'fair trade' and ecologically sustainable principles to guide our trading relationships. The existing free trade regimes are the instruments of laissez-faire neo-conservative, Chicago School economic doctrines that have led the world to the brink of financial and economic disaster, the end of cheap oil, and to ecological collapse in many of the world's ecosystems elevating to the global level the issue, already felt in the developing world of food and water scarcity.

Please post this far and wide . Even if it seems to some a bit alarmist - it appears well documented - And NOW is the time to take into account the breadth of potential consequences of the disasters, chaos and collapse scenarios that have emerged at this time in history and which should be framing any and all debates and conversations about the future.

<><><><><><><><><><>< ><><><>

[5] FURTHER REFERENCES ON POTENTIAL OF U.S. DECLARATION OF MARTIAL LAW
And note Naomi Wolf´s concerns about martial law and a coup are not alone. Professor Michel Chossudovsky has written extensively during the past few years about growing developments under the PNAC inspired Bush Cheney regime moving the US toward martial law. Note the following references on his globalresearch.ca website.

[ ] Secret Bush Administration Plan to Suspend US Constitution - by Tom Burghardt - 2008-10-06
Exercising sweeping emergency powers, unelected officials could suspend the Constitution, declare martial law and create an Executive Branch dictatorship that rests solely on the power of the U.S.military.

[ ] Pre-election Militarization of the North American Homeland. US Combat Troops in Iraq repatriated to "help with civil unrest" - by Michel Chossudovsky - 2008-09-26

See also

[ ] Is the Annexation of Canada Part of Bush's Military Agenda? - by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky - 2007-07-18
Territorial control over Canada is part of Washington's geopolitical and military agenda as formulated in April 2002 by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

[ ] Is America Preparing for Martial Law? - by Michel Chossudovsky - 2005-04-10
These exercises must be understood in the broader context of America's National Security doctrine, which presents Al Qaeda as the main threat to the American homeland.
====================================

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 2:36 PM
Subject: [Cap_contacts] [Fogal_contacts] Urgent Naomi Wolfe reveals Coup in USA Oct 1 2008- What To know and What to do

ALERT ALERT ALERT COUP IN USA OCCURRED OCT 1, 2008 ALERT ALERT ALERT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI (30 MINUTES)

BUSH EXERCISED A COUP IN USA OCT 1 BY DEPLOYING US MILITARY INTO USA STREETS.

THE BAILOUT GIVES BUSH $100 BILLION DOLLARS TO USE AS HE SEES FIT.

NAOMI WOLFE SHOWS HOW BUSH IS FOLLOWING THE EXACT STEPS OF MUSSOLINI AND HITLER WHO IN COUPS REMOVED DEMOCRACY IN GERMANY AND ITALY AND INSTALLED THEMSELVES AS DICTATORS.

NAOMI WOLFE HAS AN EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN FOR U.S. CITIZENS INCLUDING A CALL FOR THEM TO MASS MOVE IMMEDIATELY TO BRING ON ARREST OF BUSH AND HIS COHORTS NOW IF USA IS TO BE SAVED.

FOGAL SAYS CANADA IS MASSIVELY INTEGRATED WITH USA DUE TO SPP, INCLUDING MILITARY INTEGRATION

HARPER'S SNAP ELECTION IS PART OF THE BUSH STEP BY STEP PLAN.

CANADIANS MUST DEFEAT HARPER AND BRING BACK ANOTHER MINORITY GOVERNMENT ON OCTOBER 14. THE LIBERALS SIGNED THE SPP IN 2005 AND ARE PARTICIPATING HEAVILY IN THE SPP WORKING GROUPS

WATCH THIS CLIP OVER AND OVER. SAVE IT TO DISC AND DISTRIBUTE WIDELY....Connie Fogal

-----------------------------------------------------

Sent: October 7, 2008 7:43 PM
To: FREEDOM FORWARDS
Subject: EXTREME IMPORTANCE....TIME SENSITIVE......WATCH NOW!!!!!
Importance: High

"ONE IF BY LAND, TWO IF BY SEA" ........IT'S THAT URGENT!

DON'T DELETE THIS. DON'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW....NO MATTER HOW LATE YOU GET THIS. WATCH NOW! AND FORWARD IMMEDIATELY ...... FAR AND WIDE !

BE SURE AND DOWNLOAD THIS VIDEO TO YOUR HARD DRIVE IN CASE IT GETS PULLED FROM THE INTERNET!

I never understood how the German people let their free, democratic republic fall into NAZI hands. I do now. JAKE

----------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:17 AM
Subject: No Time Left!: We've just seen a coup take place in the U.S.

We've not watched a YouTube video in several months. But we watched this one ... because it was recommended by our good and respected friend Ric Lambart. Naomi Wolf is a very courageous woman. This is our first experience with this remarkable person. She's right up there with Ayn Rand, Devvy Kidd, Joyce Brand & Susan Schenck.

She has a plan to save the country NOW. Please help as many of your friends as possible to view this video and forward the link to THEIR friends.

--bob & lou
www.wynman.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 7:08 AM
Subject: We've just seen a coup take place in the U.S. (with the bailout ). . .

Wonder why the no's so suddenly capitulated into yes votes in Congress?

Strongly recommend you check out this brave young woman on Youtube . . . She's brilliantly connected the dots, and the resultant wake up call is beyond alarming.

"Give Me Liberty" - An interview with author Naomi Wolf.
ric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to TRADE AGREEMENTS