Pro-Life Bush

Pro-Life Bush

Postby Oscar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:41 pm

Pro-Life Bush

November 8, 2009

To the Editor,

This letter is in response to your October 30th article in the Northeast Sun, showing a photo of George W. Bush being presented The Humanity of the Unborn Child Pro-Life. I most vehemently protest this former US president being the recipient of this Award.

My wife and I have been members of Pro-Life for many years. We are not a whippersnapper pro-abortion family. I have passed my 90th birthday. We have a family of 6 children, 10 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren.

How can Pro-Life justify this award to this man? Millions of people on this planet , including many Americans, consider him a warmonger, a criminal, and one who allowed the torture of prisoners of war, and the arrest and confinement of suspects with out the right of "habeas corpus", as is written in the Constitution of the USA.

George W. Bush's war, [2003] declared illegal by the UN, flew 1000 sorties [1000 planes] aerial bombing the city of Baghdad over a period of 3 days. In the ensuing 6 years of war, over 1 million Iraqis were killed, obviously including some unborn babies. An unknown number of Iraqi citizens were injured or disabled. Another 2 million were displaced or fled the invading American military to neighboring countries, mainly to Syria and Jordan.

The remaining citizens of Iraq, [as well as American soldiers there] have been subjected to the American use of depleted uranium [DU]. It is extremely effective in piercing the armor of tanks and steel structures. It is estimated that the US military has used about 1500 tonnes of DU in Iraq and Afghanistan. The dust resulting from the use of DU tipped artillery shells floats in the air for long distances. Breathing in this polluted air can and does affect both men and women, and is known to cause deformities in babies in the womb.

The Bush administration's wars in the Middle East has cost American taxpayers nearly 1 trillion dollars. And that is not counting the cost of Canadian involvement in Afghanistan, or the cost of the treatment for mentally or physically disabled American and Canadian soldiers, mercenaries and civilians in this theatre of war.

Just imagine what could have been done with a trillion dollars if peaceful means had been used to inform and educate both women and *men* of the tragedy of abortion.

Leo Kurtenbach,
Box 268, Cudworth, Sask., S0K 1B0
Phone 256 3638.
Oscar
Site Admin

George W. Bush and Pro-Life!

Postby Oscar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:01 am

George W. Bush and Pro-Life!

April 19, 2010

To the Editor,

In late October 2009, the Northeast Sun and the Saskatchewan [Sask.] Choose Life News both published a photo with an article featuring the presentation of a Pro-Life Award to former President George W. Bush. He had been invited to speak in Calgary on October 22nd 2009.

I wrote a letter of protest to the Northeast Sun, which published my letter, and another to Sask. Choose Life News, which, to date, has chosen not to publish it, even though I specifically wrote a letter to the editor of Sask.Choose Life News. I received no response.

A few days ago I received their quarterly April issue. It did not include my letter in their "Letters to the Editor" page.

The following is a shortened version of that letter:

"This letter is in response to your October 30th article in the Northeast Sun, showing a photo of George W. Bush being presented The Humanity of the Unborn Child Pro-Life. I most vehemently protest that this former US President should receive this award.

How can Pro-Life justify this award to this man?

Millions of people on this planet, including Americans, consider him a warmonger, a criminal, and one who allowed the torture of prisoners of war, and the arrest and confinement of suspects without the right of "habeas corpus"

My spouse and I have been members of Pro-Life for many years. We are not a pro-abortion family. I have passed my 90th birthday. We have 6 children, 10 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren.

Bush's war, [2003] declared illegal by the UN, flew 1000 sorties [1000 planes] aerial bombing the city of Bagdad for 3 days. In the ensuing 6 years of war, over 1 million Iraqi people were killed, obviously including some unborn babies. Another 2 million people were displaced or fled to Syria and Jordan to avoid the invading US military.

The remaining citizens of Iraq, [including American troops] are subjected to the use of depleted uranium, [DU] that is being used by the US military. It is estimated that over 1000 tonnes of DU tipped artillery shells have been used in Iraq. The dust from the shells pollutes the air, and breathing it is harmful. It is known to cause deformities in babies in the womb.

The wars in the Middle East will probably cost over 1 trillion dollars. Just imagine what could have been done with 1 trillion dollars if peaceful means would have been used to inform and educate both women and men about the tragedy of abortion."

Leo Kurtenbach,
Box 268, Cudworth, Sask., S0K 1B0
Phone: (306) 256 3638
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to Leo's Corner