McNAMER: How I Learned to stop worrying and love the torture

McNAMER: How I Learned to stop worrying and love the torture

Postby Oscar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:04 am

Commentary: How I learned to stop worrying and love the torture

[ http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/comment ... e-torture/ ]

BY JOHN MCNAMER By: Kamloops This Week in Columnists, Opinion January 5, 2015

EXCERPT:

For example, I used to think that when a strong elected leader like der Fuhrer claimed the right to use massive military might to invade and occupy other countries at will, to assassinate and summarily execute in the name of national security, it was a bad thing that must be stopped by all the good people — even if it took a world war to do so.

That when the Nazis randomly kidnapped certain kinds of people and rendered them to covert concentration camps to be tortured and killed or held indefinitely without legal process, it was atrocious, illegal, immoral — adding up to crimes against humanity.

That when the Chinese communists in Korea and the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia used water torture as their primary warped way of dehumanizing, brainwashing and destroying suspected opponents, this was the horrifying and depraved result of godless authoritarian communist ideology, an ideology that absolutely must be stopped at all costs, even if it were to take a nuclear holocaust (yes, it was bad enough that we found it necessary to step up and prepare to destroy the world in order to save it).

That the Stalin-era, Guantanamo-type gulags and ridiculous show trials with fixed outcomes for perceived enemies of the state were despicable icons of the worst form of governance possible.

That the massive unrestrained surveillance states forced on their citizenry by the Soviet KGB and the East German Stasi were an intolerable assault on the dignity of “free” people everywhere. “Ich bin ein Berliner!”

But, that’s all in the past for me. I’m a changed man and I have seen the light. I get it now.

The resistance is gone.

What’s happening is what’s happening and it’s important to be part of team play as we go forward.

Covert rendition and torture, illegal invasion and occupation, summary executions from on high, mass surveillance of everything about everyone.

They are all good. Period. At some very deep mystical level, it is apparently all about loving thy neighbour as thyself, or it certainly wouldn’t be happening this way, would it?

As proof that I’m serious, I even have a new mantra printed on a T-shirt carefully saved in the closet for those special events demanding the utmost in political correctness: “Kill for Peace, War Forever.”

Hallelujah!

- - - -

Canadian citizen and Kamloops resident, John McNamer, was awarded a Bronze Star Medal for service with the U.S. Army’s 4th Infantry Division in Vietnam.
He recently filed a request to the chief prosecutor at the International Criminal Court, asking for an investigation of Canada’s complicity in torture, which is now being actively considered by prosecutors. McNamer’s request can be found online here: [ http://www.mwcnews.net/focus/letters-to ... rture.html ]
Oscar
Site Admin

Re: McNAMER:How I Learned to stop worrying and love the toru

Postby Oscar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:38 pm

COMMENT: MIHALICZ RE: "How I learned to stop worrying and love the torture" - John McNamer Commentary, Kamloops This Week, 2015 Jan 5

Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 12:46 PM
Subject: How I learned to stop worrying and love the torture" John McNamer Commentary Kamloops This Week 2015 Jan 5

Considering the use of nuclear weapons by most of the authorities McNamer implicates, we sadly could add many provincial, municipal, band and academic "leaderships" to his list of complicit criminals. Check out his current legal submission to have the Government of Canada formally investigated for its "role in illegal torture and illegal rendition to torture since 2002"; link provided below the article: [ http://www.mwcnews.net/focus/letters-to ... rture.html ].

McNamer's use of sarcasm is brilliant (although in my opinion, I would have left God out of it, unless his point is lost on me that no human is capable of interpreting the intention of a Higher Power.) The paper invites comment.

"...it has become quite clear my resistance has been mainly a personal problem. I readily admit I was once so confused before the reprogramming."

by John McNamer Kamloops This Week
[ http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/comment ... e-torture/ ]
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to MILITARIZATION OF CANADA