FOX: How to Let Go of the World and Love All Things Climate

FOX: How to Let Go of the World and Love All Things Climate

Postby Oscar » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 am

Watch: Trailer for Josh Fox's New Climate Change Film Puts a Positive Spin on the End of the World

[ http://www.indiewire.com/article/how-to ... y-20160323 ]

By Jake Spencer | Indiewire March 23, 2016 at 11:17AM

- - - -

"How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change" will have its U.S. theatrical premiere on April 20, just ahead of Earth Day.

The film will debut on HBO in June 2016.

- - - - -

Fox's "How to Let Go of the World" takes a more welcoming approach to climate change.

UPDATED: Fox and other members of the activist group, Beyond Extreme Energy, were arrested today while protesting the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) for its role in continuing to permit fossil fuel projects that will greatly accelerate climate change.

Per a press release: "Today’s protest draws specific attention to FERC’s role in using eminent domain to condemn and clear-cut a wide swathe of maple trees across the Holleran family maple syrup farm in New Milford Pennsylvania. The clear cut was ordered to make way for the fracked gas Constitution Pipeline, even though the pipeline has yet to be approved by New York state...

Fox led off the protest by cooking pancakes with a solar-powered griddle on a sidewalk cart — to show that we should use power from sunlight instead of fracked gas to cook our meals and heat our homes — and then serving the pancakes with maple syrup, from the Holleran family’s now devastated maple grove."

"Everyone I know is fighting a pipeline or a compressor station or a power plant that is in front of FERC for approval. It is clear to me that FERC has to be the most destructive agency in the United States right now. They are faceless, nameless, unelected and ignore citizen input. I think of FERC as the Phantom Menace," Fox said. "The agency’s commissioners have been rubber stamping fracking infrastructure all over country that threatens local communities and the planet by accelerating climate change."

Our original story follows below.

The title of Josh Fox's new movie "How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change" already delivers a Strangelove-esque warning about the near-inevitability of our world's destruction. The documentary chronicles the effects that climate change has already had on the documentarian's life, from his fight to stop natural gas drilling near his home town to his global search for hope and meaning in a world worth fighting for.

"The day the oil and gas industry came to my house was the loneliest day of my life. I have never been so afraid. But that fear, the fear of losing my home, has taken me so far beyond that place to discover the deepest love and community I’ve ever know. I never thought my fight to protect my home near the Delaware River would take me to the banks of the Amazon. Or across the world to the island nations of Vanuatu and Samoa. But it has," the "Gasland" director has said.

"How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change" will have its U.S. theatrical premiere on April 20, just ahead of Earth Day. The film opens in New York on April 20 at the IFC Center, followed by a release to select cities. It will also travel to 100 U.S. cities throughout March, April and May on the grassroots Let Go and Love Tour, where Fox will be joined by experts, artists and local organizers to help communities lead the renewable energy revolution, one town at a time. The film will debut on HBO in June 2016.

Check out our exclusive trailer above.

READ MORE: Why Sundance's Tabitha Jackson Wants Audiences to Look at Documentary Films in a Very New Way
[ http://www.indiewire.com/article/why-su ... y-20160118 ]

READ MORE: Darren Aronofsky and French Artist JR Collaborate for Climate Change Art Project
[ http://www.indiewire.com/article/darren ... t-20151130 ]

This article is related to: Josh Fox, Documentary, GASLAND (LINKS on Original article)
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to Books/Films, etc.