Testing the Politicians

Testing the Politicians

Postby Oscar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:51 pm

To: Jack Layton
Cc: Tony MP Clements; Ambrose.R@parl.gc.ca
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 11:35 AM
Subject: Testing

(Please forward this missive to Min. John Godfrey )

Greetings,

I would like to thank all of you for checking your blood for contaminants and making the results public.

I am a 72 year old ex-teacher and cancer survivor.

This is a no brainer - We are what we eat and if our food is contaminated with carcinogens - cancer rates will increase.

We hear a lot about "allowable limits". I would suggest that the cumulative effects of many small amounts of pollutants add up to a "Tipping point" that results in poor health.... Cancer or what have you.

I applaud the idea of testing 5000 Canadians and hope that the sample includes all MPs. plus people from all regions and children.

Wendy Mesley asked a representative of a company that manufactures chemicals that fight active cancer ,why they never consider advancing the idea of prevention ? - His reply was " There is no money to be made in prevention"

That sums it up nicely.

Therefore what you 4 have done ( plus Wendy Mesley) moves prevention ahead a measurable amount. --Publicity and more publicity is the key.

You have done this for all Canadians especially on behalf of all our children and grandchildren.

I would like to recognize you as good caring members of parliament.

Yours truly

Lorne Plaxin
Box 543
Preeceville ,Sask.
SOA 3BO
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to CLEAN FOOD . . .