Who would be Canada's Prime Minister for peace?

Postby Oscar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:18 am

[ http://www.ceasefire.ca/?p=21513 ]

July 16, 2015

Beginning today… we’ve decided to commit ourselves to using the coming election to put an end to Stephen Harper’s disastrous rule, and to put Canada back on the path to inclusive peace and justice at home and globally.

In my last letter to you I called on Ceasefire.ca supporters to work together to make the next election about peace and hope. This is an extraordinary time, and I hope you’ll join us.

We have to end Harper’s waste of billions of dollars on weapons we don’t need and wars we cannot win.

We have to end Harper’s bellicose, juvenile and dangerously short-sighted international posturing.

We have to end Harper’s relentless stifling of debate and dissent in Canada.

Instead of the fear-mongering, the bullying, the hypocrisy and the arrogance:

We need a government committed to investing our public tax dollars on a progressive agenda for all Canadians.

We have to get back to the table at the United Nations, and craft real solutions to the deadly quagmires in Iraq, Syria and Libya.

Most important, let’s become known again around the world as advocates for constructive, innovative, durable solutions to today’s complex global problems.

Right now the momentum is building against Harper’s pro-war Conservatives. Their hubris, their alliance with the weapons industry, and their cynical manipulation of a narrow-minded Republican Tea Party–style base has alienated millions of Canadians.

MORE:

[ http://www.ceasefire.ca/?p=21513 ]

Ceasefire.ca c/o Rideau Institute
63 Sparks, Suite 608 Ottawa, ON K1P 5A6
Tel. 613 565-9449 Fax/télec. 613 249-7091
operations@rideauinstitute.ca
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to 2016 - Canada's ELECTORAL REFORM BEGINS!