CROSS: Thoughts Regarding FIPA

Postby Oscar » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01 am

----- Original Message -----
To: stephen.harper@parl.gc.ca ; Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper PM ; ed.fast@parl.gc.ca ; ed@edfast.ca ; bairdj@parl.gc.ca ; rick.roth@international.gc.ca ; membership@conservative.ca ; sarah@ccbc.com ; stockwell.day@mcmillan.ca
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:21 AM
Subject: Thoughts regarding FIPA

To: The Right Honourable Prime Minister Stephen Harper, M.P., P.C.
Office of The Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

Thursday, November 1st, 2012.

Prime Minister:

I have been urged to, and have decided to, voice my displeasure with the Canada-China FIPA agreement signed recently. Without caring about the specifics of the legal angle involved in allowing the Chinese to sue governments within Canada in the event of limitation of profits, I believe that any deal which makes Canada subservient to a foreign government is absurd.

As I watched the developments of the deal and your recent signing of the agreement, it was not without a certain sense of disappointment that I realized the direction we are taking in global economics & geo-politics. Again, I believe firmly that Canada should be a leader on the world stage. Again, I must impress that this deal does not elevate our position to equality with, or superiority over other world governments.

It concerns me that your government might seek similar agreement, like FIPA, with the European Union which is experiencing near-civil unrest.

What we are confronted with, primarily, is a moral issue.

Sincerely,

Brendan William Cross
---
Brendan William Cross
Political Adviser
(306) 543-8939
23 Empress Drive, Regina SK S4T 6M7
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to FIPA - NOT really a Trade Agreement