Imagine good, honour, justice!

Postby Oscar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:53 PM
Subject: Imagine good, honour, justice!

Friends and peace lovers,

Again Canadian soldiers have died in Afghanistan, and again families repeat their pride in the commitment and honour of these young men and women.

The families have no choice but to imagine and hope their loved ones died for some reason, some honourable and justifiable cause, some positive rationale.

I have no doubt that from the first day of enlisting, those young and impressionable Canadians were inundated with propaganda to rationalize our involvement in Afghanistan.

I do not doubt their commitment and courage, but I also have no doubt that they were not given all the information or any of the contradictory information available to us.

I feel so deeply sorry for the families and friends of these victims, of politics and gutless leadership that could not, would not, resist the demands of the military-industrial forces to our south.

Unfortunately, and I sincerely hope none of the families hear this, but we are sacrificing young Canadians to the selfish aspirations and lack of courage of our political leadership.

It's as if our Canadian leadership has absolutely no knowledge or understanding of history.

At this time of 'Peace and Good Will toward men', it is very difficult to have any such thing for the politicians who brought this abomination to our country and our youth.

(Shane Nestruck (Winnipeg)
shanedn@mts.net
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to Shane's Corner