Patrick Moore . . . still at it!

Patrick Moore . . . still at it!

Postby Oscar » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:54 pm

Patrick Moore & His Corporate Clients

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:57 am

Patrick Moore: The Case of the "Greenpeace Co-Founder" and His Corporate Clients

[ http://www.endgame.org/moore.pdf - February 2007 ]

Prepared by Environmental Health Fund - Research by Public Information Network

Patrick Moore is a Vancouver-based industry consultant who frequently publishes opinion pieces attacking the environmental movement and promoting nuclear power, toxic chemicals, logging and aquaculture. Articles by him or about him have been published in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Miami Herald, LA Times, Washington Times, National Post (Canada), Toronto Star, Vancouver Sun, Mid-Hudson News (New York) and Ottawa Citizen, among others.

Moore invariably identifies himself a Co-founder of Greenpeace and Chairman and Chief Scientist of Greenspirit Strategies Ltd. It is true that he was one of the early leaders of Greenpeace in Canada, though he exaggerates when he claims to be a co-founder (see Annex C). He left the group in 1986, and is scorned by his ex-colleagues. (see Annex A).

What Moore does not reveal in his writings, but is evident on his website, is that he is a paid industry consultant, and has been for at least 15 years.

Much More: [ http://www.endgame.org/moore.pdf ]

- - - - -

Lobbyist claims Monsanto weed killer is safe to drink, then bolts when TV host offers him a glass

David Edwards, 26 Mar 2015

[ [ http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/lobb ... m-a-glass/ ]

A controversial lobbyist who claimed that the chemical in Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer was safe for humans refused to drink his own words when a French television journalist offered him a glass.

In a preview of an upcoming documentary on French TV, Dr. Patrick Moore tells a Canal+ interviewer that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup herbicide, was not increasing the rate of cancer in Argentina.

“You can drink a whole quart of it and it won’t hurt you,” Moore insists.

“You want to drink some?” the interviewer asks. “We have some here.”

“I’d be happy to, actually,” Moore replies, adding, “Not really. But I know it wouldn’t hurt me.”

“If you say so, I have some,” the interviewer presses.

“I’m not stupid,” Moore declares.

“So, it’s dangerous?” the interviewer concludes.

But Moore claims that Roundup is so safe that “people try to commit suicide” by drinking it, and they “fail regularly.”

“Tell the truth, it’s dangerous,” the interviewer says.

“It’s not dangerous to humans,” Moore remarks. “No, it’s not.”

“So, are you ready to drink one glass?” the interviewer continues to press.

“No, I’m not an idiot,” Moore says defiantly. “Interview me about golden rice, that’s what I’m talking about.”

At that point, Moore declares that the “interview is finished.”

“That’s a good way to solve things,” the interviewer quips.

“Jerk!” Moore grumbles as he storms off the set.

According to EcoWatch, Moore was an early member of Greenpeace before becoming a consultant for “the polluting companies that Greenpeace works to change: Big Oil, pesticides and GMO agribusiness, forestry, nuclear power … anyone who puts up the money for truth-benders who appear to carry scientific and environmental authority.”

GMWatch noted that Moore has also recently used social media to cast doubt on the World Health Organisation’s conclusion that glyphosate is a probable human carcinogen.
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to Pesticides